Company Name: Phoebe Putney Health System
Job Location: Albany, GA
Job Position Type: Full Time
WittKieffer is excited to support Phoebe Putney Health System in their search for the next https://www.wittkieffer.com/position/24976-director-of-accounting/. This role offers an excellent opportunity to join a thriving, not-for-profit health system with a net revenue of $900 million.
Located in Albany, GA, Phoebe Putney Health System is a four-hospital network that provides compassionate, high-quality healthcare to more than 950,000 residents in a 42-county region. They have been the recipient of many awards and accolades over the years, and recently received its seventh straight Leapfrog “A”.
The Director of Accounting will report to the Vice President/Controller and be responsible for managing the financials and statistical data of the hospital and its subsidiaries. This includes timely reporting at the end of each month. Additionally, the Director will handle the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets for the department, oversee accounting staff, manage payroll, handle expense recording, tax payments, coordinate the annual audit, and manage the hospital’s cash management plan, among other duties.
This is an onsite role based in Albany, GA.
The successful Director of Accounting candidate will:
• Oversee the month-end close process, including journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation, and financial statement preparation.
• Coordinate with all division management during various month-end and audit processes.
• Formulate policies and procedures to maintain sound fiscal management and accounting operations. Assure that accepted accounting principles, as well as specific local, State and Federal financial record-keeping and reporting regulations are met.
• Provide overall management and supervision to the department’s staff. Evaluate the work of all direct reports.
• Act as liaison and provide guidance in the conduct of the annual audit of the hospitals by the systems firm of independent certified public accountants.
Please direct all applications, inquiries, and nominations to Eleanor Vogelsang using the https://apptrkr.com/4574111 or via email, at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Candidate Portal is a secure, easy way to nominate a colleague, express interest, or apply for a position.
The preferred candidate will possess seven or more years in a healthcare financial management or related setting with three years of supervisory experience. An MBA or CPA is required.
Recruiting Firm: WittKieffer
Application Link: https://apptrkr.com/4574111
Employer To Contact:
Employer Phone Number: