Company Name: Arkansas Heart Hospital
Job Location: Little Rock, AR
Job Position Type: Full Time
This senior-level professional accounting position is responsible for administrative banking; coordinating with regulatory agencies and auditors; maintaining the general ledger, subsidiary ledgers and journals; closing the general ledger monthly; and assisting in the preparation of monthly financial and statistical reports. Coordinates with accounting software vendors to set up and maintain accounting systems. Reconciles patient accounting data with the hospital and clinic business offices. Reconciles and analyzes the clinic physician practice management system data and prepares journal entries, statistical reports and physician compensation calculations. Works closely with managers and directors on accounting, budget and other financial issues. Performs a range of technical duties related to accounting and financial operations, including various analytical assignments related to contracts, patient activity, profitability, budget-to-actual and many other factors. Perform business analysis and project management functions. Trains and mentors other Accounting staff.
Forty hours per week, Monday through Friday. From time-to-time the number of hours per week may vary to meet accounting and project deadlines
Ledgers, Journals and Other Accounting Records:
- Maintains the general ledger, journal entries, subsidiary ledgers and reconciliations in a timely, thorough manner as directed by procedures and the Controller.
- Coordinates with the Controller to close the books monthly in an accurate, thorough and timely manner.
- Maintains all ledgers, journals and other accounting records according to GAAP, all governing laws and in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintains fixed asset ledgers and documentation to support all entries in a complete and timely manner.
- Files all ledgers, journals and supporting documentation in a complete, timely and confidential manner.
Financial / Statistical Reporting:
- Prepares monthly and as-needed financial and statistics reports in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
- Prepares financial analyses as directed by the CFO and Controller.
- Coordinates with the Controller to prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP and in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Leads Accounting staff to prepare cost reports, budgets, etc.
- Files all financial and statistics reports and documentation in a confidential, thorough manner.
Clinic Accounting Physician Practice Management System:
- Processes month-end reports in the physician practice management system.
- Prepares a detailed accounting and analysis of revenue, contractual adjustments, bad debt reserve, cash posting and physician compensation from the physician practice management system.
- Calculates physician compensation based on contractual agreements and prepares monthly and quarterly reports for physicians on productivity.
Other Accounting Duties:
- Coordinates with bank(s) to ensure timely and accurate processing of wires, ACHs, etc.
- Works closely with regulatory agencies regarding compliance and any special projects/reporting.
- Coordinates with accounting software vendors to set up and maintain accounting systems.
- Leads special projects (i.e., preparation/filing of 1099s, Medicare cost reports, annual tax returns, property evaluation) as necessary and required.
- Works with outside auditors and accountants in a professional, cooperative manner.
- Assists Accounting staff with the physical inventory count and valuation.
- Assists Accounting staff as necessary to effect timely processing of accounts payable and payroll.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in accounting or related field or equivalent required.
- Licensure/Certification: Active CPA license or current pursuit of CPA license preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of three years experience as an accountant or financial analyst; healthcare environment strongly preferred.
Application Link https://www.arheart.com/jobs/staff-accountant-financial-analyst/